From Commodore Greg Dombroski:
If you’ve been to the Club, you’ve seen our new Pool is coming along swimmingly (pun intended!!).
- We expect to pour the concrete deck this coming Saturday 5/30/15.
- The fence is being ordered and will be here early June.
- One of the very necessary requirements to open the Pool, is to have people who are certified in CPR.
- This means you have actually attended a CPR course, not done an on-line one.
Whenever the pool is open we will need to have an on-site holder of a CPR Certification at the Yacht Club.
- If you’re the on-site person, you do NOT have sit at the Pool.
- You DO have to be available on the grounds, on your boat, someplace nearby, that, if there is an issue, you can be contacted.
- We’ll ask you for a cell phone number, or your location and you’ll have to sign in on the daily log book that you’re present on-site.
- We may have some other means to alert you that your skills are needed, but this is in the planning stages at this time.
This is the New York State and Orange County Department of Health regulation:
“IF THERE IS NO ON-SITE HOLDER OF A CPR CERTIFICATION, THE POOL CANNOT BE OPENED”
If you have this type of CPR certification, or are interested in getting it, please contact me asap. Commodore Greg Dombroski. Use the online form below.
- We’re looking to have classes (at Club expense) during the evening, or on the weekend.
- Classes should not take more than 3-3 ½ hours and the certification will be good for 2 years.
- Besides helping the club meet the requirement for the Pool to be open, you’ll learn valuable skills that can be used anywhere, to possibly save someone’s life!!
Commodore Greg Dombroski